The mission of Sunman-Dearborn Intermediate School is to prepare students to think, reason, evaluate, and become responsible, productive members of society.
Please help Sunman-Dearborn Intermediate School PTO receive $25. Our PTO has partnered with Energizing Indiana to offer Home Energy Assessments. A home Energy Assessment can help raise your home's performance, lower enery bills, improve in-home air quality and increase your home's value. During your assessment, the energy advisor(s) will install the following:
- Energy efficient CFLs
- Energy efficient faucet aerators and showerhead(s)
- Water heater pipe insulation
Please click on link below for more information and to schedule your assesment.
C-NOTIFY: Parents please notify the school of any emergency contact numbers that were changed or are no longer available. This will assure you receive information from the school if we have early dismissal or unscheduled school closings. READ MORE INFORMATION
S-DIS eReaders Policy
eReaders (Kindles, Nooks, etc.): The elementary schools of Sunman-Dearborn Community Schools understand the importance of reading and the many ways in which today's students can choose to read. While the school maintains a no electronic device policy, the use of Kindles, Nooks and other eReading devices is supported under the following guidelines:
LABELS FOR EDUCATION: Please continue to collect Campbell Soup labels and other Label for Education Labels. You can also set your Kroger and other shopper cards so we receive a point for each participating product. Plus we will still receive credit for these products by clipping the labels and sending in. For more information please check out: www.elabelsforeducation.comREWARD CARDS
- Use of wireless internet connections and or 3G network will result in a violation of the SDCSC Technology Usage
- All materials on the device must be appropriate for school use.
- eReading devices is a privilege, not a right.
- eReading devices are used in such a way as to support classroom education, not hinder it.
- The use of eReading devices is optional and will not be a required tool for school.
- The school or S-DCSC holds no liability for damage, loss, theft, etc. for these items. Items brought to school are the soul responsibility of the students who choose to bring them.
Attention Parents! Easy free way to help our school with the Kroger Rewards Program!!!!
CLICK HERE for more information on using the Kroger Rewards program.
PARENTS/STUDENTS: When at home - with the possibility of strong winds and tornado weather please have a plan ready as where to go and what to do in case of an emergency.